Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Day 16, June 5th, Geneva on the Lake, OH to Cleveland, OH.  We weren't moving very fast this morning but got to a great breakfast place in Geneva at 7am.  The Sunrise Cafe was a true piece of Americana.  The cook is retired Navy man and his son helps out.  The waitress is a salty broad, who has a continual banter with the customers mostly antagonistic but all in good fun.  She really like my bike shorts!!  The cook claimed his French Toast was the best in Ohio, so Dave had to have some and rate it.  Dave declared the Frence Toast to be tied with the Chuck Wagon in West Newton, PA as the best on the trip.  We headed on down the road toward Cleveland thinking we had an easy ride for the day.  About 4 miles into the ride, my rear wheel started to wobble.  The spokes were all messed up and the mechanic team of Stoakley, Stoakley, and Williamson made matters worse.  I tried to keep going but could not keep the bike under control.  Lucky a Lake County Policeman stopped and asked if he could help.  Sam and Dave claim I was arrested for loitering and making a   Officer Ackerman transported me and bike to the nearest bike shop.  The Old Tyme Bike Shop worked ont the wheel and got me back on the road.  It took about 3 hours.  I am leading the race in bike shops visited on the tour.  Not an award I want.  The wheel held up all day over some rough Ohio roads.  We made good time through the Cleveland suburbs and arrived at the Double Tree Hotel, not far from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  Tomorrow is a no ride day and touring of Cleveland.

1 comment: