Sunday, June 17, 2012


Day 28, Jun 17th Ludington, MI to Manitowoc, WI.  The mileage for today was zero.  We did ride from the hotel to the ferry and from the ferry to the hotel in Manitowoc which may have totaled 1.5 miles.  We had a very easy time boarding the ferry and settled in for the 4 hour ride.  As the Badger crossed the breakwater from the harbor the ride got quite rough.  I do suffer from motion sickness and after about 20 minutes I was not feeling well.  Dave and I sat at on the stern deck and watched the horizon but that didn’t help much.  I finally went into the cabin and found an comfortable chair and took a nap.  I slept for about 2 hours and when I awoke the ride had calmed down.  We met a couple riding around the Great Lakes and Patty and Joe gave us some tips for riding around Wisconsin.  We arrived by noon and gained an hour as we moved into the Central time zone.  My old friends from Fort Sheridan days, Chuck and June Reynolds drove up from southern Wisconsin and took us to dinner in Two Rivers.  It was great to see them.  Tomorrow we head out across Wisconsin on our way to Minneapolis.



No comments:

Post a Comment