Monday, August 6, 2012


Day 78, August 6th, Whitefish, MT to Eureka, MT.  It was a slow start to the day.  I had to pick up my bike from Glacier Cyclery and the store didn’t open until 9am.  After getting my bike, I spent a while repacking all the gear into the panniers.  I decided to ship a couple of things home when I found the Glacier National Park Hiking Guide, so a quick stop at the Post Office was in order.  I got on the road about 10am.  It was finally good to get back on the road knowing this is the last leg of the journey.  Route 93, North was fairly flat and except for the first mile out of Whitefish had a good shoulder and not much traffic.  The scenery was beautiful and the route followed a valley through the mountains.  The mountains are not as high as Glacier and mostly forested.  I passed through some horse ranch areas as well as Dickey Lake area, which appeared to be a resort area.  There were a couple of showers in the afternoon to the east with some lightening, but I only got a spit of rain.  Rolled into Eureka about 4:30 and found the Ksanka Motel, an older motel but very nice.  The restaurant across the road was surprisingly good.  I plan a early start tomorrow to Libby, MT.  Mileage for the day was 63.93.



2 comments:

  1. Can't believe the mileage you are getting every day! Beautiful pictures of the area. Where is Wilma? I can't believe u didn't get her a passport so she could visit Canada! Obviously she was usurped by Cindy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arba...know you were so glad to see Cindy...I enjoyed "reliving" the trip that Gerry and I took to Glacier through your commentary. Words just can't come close to describing the beauty. Know you see the end ahead which has to keep you pedaling...we continue to pray for you safety...

    ReplyDelete