Sunday, July 22, 2012


Day 62, July 21st, Wolf Point, MT to Glasgow, MT.  I had another early start and had the wind at my back today.  Breakfast at the Homestead Motel was not much but the coffee got me going.  The route was flat for the first 20 or so miles in the floodplain of the Missouri River.  It was overcast with some black clouds and I anticipated some rain, but It was moving north and soon the sun broke through.  I made great time and did the 39 miles to Nashua in about 3 ½ hours.  There was a small café, Bergie’s, right on Route 2, so I decided to get a “second” breakfast.  Back on the road, I was on U.S. Route 2 all the way to Glasgow, which was my end point for today at about 55 miles.  I arrived about noon and did several map checks to try to pick a town farther along.  None of the options made sense.  As I was doing my check I stumbled upon the Glasgow Pioneer Museum, which turned out to be a better version of the Wolf Point Historical Society Museum from yesterday.  I suspect Glasgow has had better relations with the Native tribes because the Indian displays were actually donated to the museum by members of the tribes.  When I left the museum it had gotten hot and that solved my go or stay dilemma.  I located the Trails West Campground and set up camp.  A great benefit is there is a swimming pool which will feel good. Mileage for the day was 58.56. 



1 comment:

  1. Hope u have a better Monday when it comes to finding food, the word forage just sounds bad! It won't be too much longer to glacier natural park, keep plugging away! So, so proud of you and your wonderful spirit! Who knew?!?!

    ReplyDelete